When you become a member at Heritage Church, you pledge to faithfully participate in Heritage United Methodist Church’s ministries through your prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.
If you have never been baptized, you will prepare for baptism.
- Profession of Faith – This is the initial entrance into membership in the church when one confesses faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. If you were baptized as an infant or young child and have not made a profession of faith and been confirmed, then you will prepare to reaffirm your baptism when you take the membership vows.
- Reaffirmation of Faith – If you are a member of another Christian church that does not transfer membership, you can make a profession of faith and be received as a member.
- Transfer of Membership – If you are a member of another part of the church (such as Baptist, Presbyterian or Lutheran), then you can transfer your membership from that church to a local United Methodist Church.
- Affiliate Membership – If you are a United Methodist whose membership is in another city or state and you wish to retain that membership in your “home” church, you can become an Affiliate Member.
- Associate Membership – Members of other Christian denominations may elect to become Associate Members under the same conditions listed above under Affiliate Membership, but may not vote.
walk with the Lord.