Every parent has dreams for their children and a hope filled with the best of intentions. Although, at some point, parents move from DREAMS to DUCT TAPE and simply hope that everything will just stay stuck together and their kids won’t fall apart.
Raising kids is a difficult challenge and it requires a plan – without a plan, parents often default to what we call “Quick-Fix Parenting.” Let’s be honest: it’s just a lot easier to try to solve the immediate problems rather than deal with the deeper and more important issues (that’s what “Quick-Fix” parents do). Surviving each day is much easier than taking the time and energy to consider how your current parenting actions are impacting a child’s future. Unfortunately, quick and easy isn’t the same as good and effective.
- Do you want to see your children display confidence?
- Do you want to see your children develop character?
- Do you want to see your children have strong convictions?
- Do you want to see your children express compassion?
- Ultimately, do you want to see your children grow up to be competent young adults?