PHASE ONE | Guidelines last updated 6/24/2020
We will be returning to in-person worship starting July 1 & July 5. All services will be held in the Sanctuary, the times and services will be as follows:
WEDNESDAY | 6:30 PM | Extreme Social Distancing
Doors open at 6:10 p.m., service runs from 6:30 – 7:15 p.m.
SUNDAY | 9 AM | Ignite Modern / Contemporary
Doors open at 8:40 a.m., service runs from 9 – 9:45 a.m.
SUNDAY | 11 AM | Traditional
Doors open at 10:40 a.m., service runs from 11-11:45 a.m.
If you are at higher-risk or are unsure about the situation with COVID-19, we will still be live streaming as we have been, so we encourage you to join us for worship online.
Additionally, we are asking that everyone wears a mask for the entirety of the service. If you are unable to wear a mask for an extended period of time, we ask that you wait and plan on attending in-person during a later phase where masks will not be required. We hope this will be soon, but there is no date currently being considered for when that will be.
When returning to worship we will be taking every precaution to make sure that you’re safe worshiping at Heritage. We will be doing everything we can, but we also ask that you also do what you can.
What we’ll be doing, and what we’ll ask you to do during Phase 1:
- • You will receive hand sanitizer once you enter the front door.
- • All attendees will be counted upon entering the front door. Once there are 170 people in the sanctuary, we will be at capacity, and parking lot attendants will inform new arrivers that the service is full before they park and get out of their car.
- • Once inside, you will be guided toward the east sanctuary door by way of the Main Hallway, or the west sanctuary door by way of the Fellowship Hall.
- • There will be no coffee or snacks provided.
- • Water fountains will not be in use. You may bring water with you if you like.
- • There will be no childcare provided. Families will sit together in worship.
- • Parties who arrive together will line up and wait to be seated in the sanctuary by hosts. While waiting, you will see socially distanced spaces marked off on the floor indicating where the next group should wait.
- • In the sanctuary, a host will ask you the size of your party, and then escort you to a place that will be big enough for your party to remain six feet away from all others.
During services in this first phase of re-opening:
- • There will be music, but there will be no congregational singing, as singing in an enclosed space can quickly spread the virus to others in the room. If you plan to sing during worship regardless, we ask that you continue to wear your mask.
- • There will be no greeting time, and all attendees are asked to remain six feet away from each other at all times except those with whom you are quarantined.
- • There will be no handouts from hosts to attenders such as invitations or bulletins.
- • We will not offer the sacrament of Holy Communion in person.
- • Offering boxes will be located near entrances to receive checks, cash, or envelopes. Online options such as our website, text-to-give, or our smartphone app are easy ways to give without worrying about transmitting germs.
- • Sunday School and Small Groups
During phase one these gatherings will remain online or off-campus.
We need volunteers for many different hospitality and tech team roles to help make in-person gatherings work! Please contact Laura Spaulding to let her know you’re available to serve, email@example.com.
Stay tuned for more information coming in the following days!